POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sugestion: get_local_point : Re: sugestion: get_local_point Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sugestion: get_local_point
From: Slime
Date: 1 Aug 2004 14:44:25
Message: <410d3a09@news.povray.org>
> But what if:
>
> union {
>     difference {
>       union {
>         object { MY_OBJECT }
>         transforms
>       }
>       transforms
>     }
>     transforms
>   }
>   transforms
> }

You may have to declare all of the transformations separately. If you want,
you can keep them all in place like this:

union {
  union {
    difference {
      union {
        object { MY_OBJECT }
        #declare trans1 = transform{...}
        transform{trans1}
      }
      #declare trans2 = transform{...}
      transform{trans2}
    }
    #declare trans3 = transform{...}
    transform{trans3}
  }
  #declare trans4 = transform{...}
  transform{trans4}
}

> But I need a wector - so that I can do mathematic calculations on it (i.e.
> interpolate it, write it to file, etcP

#declare MyVector = vtransform(MyVector, trans1); // (repeat for other
transformations)

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]